- Data is a key instrument for making Broadway the best it can be.
- Broadway data is not accessible for large scale analysis.
- Those using Broadway data for analysis or reporting
do so with limited and private datasets – this hinders transparency,
collboration, and scalability.
- Provide Broadway data for large scale analysis.
- Allow edits to existing data using a role based review process.
- Use this interface to collect demographic data.
- Make demographic data available for reporting, using role based access control.
- We were able to get a POC up and running pretty quickly.
- We were able to deliver a meaningful experience by tailering the
platform to our early users.
- Our platform did its job in allowing collection of and secure access to
- Getting the data itself is difficult without partnerships.
- Technical limitations:
- Writing code for a secure platform is challenging – it’s also
hard to find volunteers who can do it.
- Horizontally scalable systems: each layer in a multi-tier architecture
needs to scale horizontally to handle spikes in traffic (as well as
control server costs). This is hard to architect and build.